3/17/07

HEAT! and Tent Studio pics


Record temperatures right now in the Southwest. Here at SpaceCamp in the low deserts of southern Arizona.. I am sitting in front of a solar powered fan. It is almost sundown and still almost 100 degrees. While working in my studio this morning.. I accidentally knocked over my container of turps.. evaporated almost immediately.. didn't even have to wipe it up!
In a couple weeks we will be trekking north to Nevada for a short visit and retooling at my father's place.. then we are heading up to Great Basin National Park to be campground hosts until late fall.. 7800'.. so it should be cool. We will be camped on the banks of a trout stream.. Lehman campground. If you are in the vicinity.. you are welcome to visit.. posted is a photo of my tent studio which will be set up by the creek. So enduring this unprecedented heat wave will make it that much sweeter when we are in the mountains. A new adventure!